Start Date: January 2024
Hours: Permanent – Full Time
Location: Primarily Remote
Remuneration: Dependent on experience
Reporting To: Director of Operations
FOCAL International Ltd
FOCAL International (Federation of Commercial Audiovisual Libraries) is a professional not-forprofit trade association formed in 1985. It is fully established as one of the leading voices in the industry which represents the footage and content libraries in over 30 countries, the archive producers, researchers, consultants and facility companies. The FOCAL International Awards are the organisation’s flagship event and exists to champion the use of archive footage in the creative industries as well as the work and contributions of many of its talented members.
FOCAL International are seeking a Business Co-ordinator to support the Director of Operations to deliver the objectives of FOCAL International.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Support the Director of Operations with the organisation and delivery of the annual FOCAL International Awards in conjunction with relevant third parties, sponsors, and entrants/nominees to include:
- Revenue generation from production submissions through promotion, calls, and marketing activities to ensure targets are met on a year-to-year basis.
- Help with sourcing and progressing sponsorship opportunities.
- Coordinate and generate ticket sales for FOCAL Awards.
- Communication with internal and external contacts such as entrants and nominees to ensure all material is entered correctly and available for jurors.
- Liaise with and oversee jury coordination and general day to day management answering queries when necessary.
- Communication with nominees to supply content for Awards Programme and Gala Evening presentations.
- Work with editor to provide nominee showreel for Gala Evening
- Support the Director of Operations with engagement, growth and membership retention across the UK and international communities, supporting and coordinating events, content, and other programming that meets FOCAL International’s goals, revenue targets, including organising and delivery of activities and initiatives as agreed with FOCAL’s Committees.
- Develop and collate all FOCAL’s marketing material to include but not limited to thecompany’s bi-annual FOCALPoint magazine and FOCAL Awards Programme.
Communications with members and non-members including but not limited to:
- Seeking out news stories, respond and write content for websites posts.
- Promote and manage content on all FOCAL social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, X (Twitter), and Instagram.
- Creating and delivering monthly members’ newsletters.
- Regular industry marketing mailouts with latest news and events.
- Report on FOCAL website analytics and social media platforms.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the FOCAL’s CRM and website, monitoring member’s area, updating resources, refreshing content, maintaining latest news and events alongside liaising with the company’s external partners and suppliers to ensure the smooth delivery of all website resources.
- Willingness and expectation of working out of office hours; attending various related events; internal and external meetings, plus some travel when required.
KEY CONTACT & RELATIONSHIPS
This position will have extensive global contact with all levels of personnel both internal and external to include FOCAL International’s Executive Board Members; Company and Individual FOCAL Members; Industry Suppliers; Production Staff and Event Organisers.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Print and digital marketing experience
- Computer literate in MSN Suite, Social Media Platforms, and a general understanding of CRM databases
- Strong organisational abilities and a high degree of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong time management
- Decision making and ability to work independently
- Flexibility to work within a dynamic of a small team.
Please send CV and cover letter to Mary Egan, Director of Operations – email@example.com
Application Closing Date: 10th December 2023