Business Development Manager – France
Location: Alamy HQ in Oxfordshire with option to work from home for part of the working week
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: 36 ¼ per week, Monday – Friday
Package: Up to £40,000 as a basic salary dependent on experience + uncapped OTE and great benefits
Do you thrive in a role where you’re able to convert opportunities within new markets?
Can you demonstrate a track record of success?
Do you have the ability to think creatively and adapt solutions to the needs of your customer?
Do you enjoy working as part of a great team, but also working on your own initiative?
If this sounds like you then we have a brand new and exciting sales role with the opportunity to drive success within the French market from day one!
Alamy is an ecommerce business that sells stock images, footage and live news imagery to customers around the world. It’s a truly exciting time at Alamy, our business is growing, and we are continually working towards expanding our reach.
We want to continue creating a business we can be proud of.
To make this happen, we need brilliant people who are passionate and think differently.
With a CEO and management team who make fast decisions, we have to be able to keep pace and evolve.
At the heart of Alamy are a group of people who care about what we do and doing it really well.
We’re always ready to adapt to new situations and challenges to ensure that Alamy continues to provide excellent service and a unique product.
We’re ethical, believe in having a work life balance and have a lot of passion for our product!
Put the customer first
Succeed (and fail) as a team
Strive for Better
Be Bold Be Brave
Do the right thing
Here’s some more detail about this exciting opportunity!
- You’ll be responsible for reviewing all new French customers and identifying strong new business leads to pursue
- You’ll be tasked with contacting and converting unregistered potential customers across all business sectors in France
- With proven experience in a new business development role, you’ll be introducing Alamy as an image supplier and hitting stretching sales targets
- You’ll need to work closely with the customer to develop great relationships and maximise repeat spend
- You’ll be instrumental in helping us expand our reach and thrive during this exciting period of growth for Alamy
- It’s a fast paced and demanding role and in turn, we offer training and personal development in an exciting and innovative environment
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has excellent written and spoken French at business level, and good written and spoken English
- Can hit the ground running and has a proven track record in sales, especially in the area of new business
- Is agile in their thinking, this being underpinned with the tenacity to take leads through to their conclusion
- Has a continual improvement mindset and the desire to strive for better at every touch-point
- Has experience in price negotiation and request for proposal pitches
- Can work well under pressure and to strict timescales
- Enjoys working proactively, is self-motivated and demonstrates good judgement and decision making
- Is highly organised, driven and motivated
It’s great but not essential:
- If you have experience working with SalesForce
- If you have a basic understanding of copyright law
Want to know more and think you’ll fit in? Let us know by applying today!
Closing date: Sunday 11 August, however, due to an anticipated high response we reserve the right the close the vacancy earlier.