Business Development Manager
Do you love selling?
Can you demonstrate a track record of success?
Do you think creatively?
Are you tenacious?
Do you enjoy working as part of a great team, but also working on your own initiative?
If this sounds like you then we have a brand new exciting sales role with the opportunity to drive success from day one!
Alamy is a technology business that sells stock images, footage and live news imagery to customers around the world. It’s a truly exciting time at Alamy, our business is growing, and we are continually working towards expanding our reach.
We want to continue creating a business we can be proud of. To make this happen, we need brilliant people who are passionate and think differently.
With a CEO and management team who make fast decisions, we have to be able to keep pace and evolve. At the heart of Alamy are a group of people who care about what we do and doing it really well.
We’re always ready to adapt to new situations and challenges to ensure that Alamy continues to provide excellent service and a unique product. We’re ethical, believe in having a work life balance and have a lot of passion for our product!
Put the customer first
Succeed (and fail) as a team
Strive for Better
Be Bold Be Brave
Do the right thing
Here’s some more detail about this exciting opportunity!
- You’ll be responsible for identifying and contacting potential customers in advertising agencies, production companies and corporate organisations
- With proven experience in a new business development role, you’ll be introducing Alamy as an Image supplier and hitting aggressive sales targets
- You’ll need to work closely with the customer to develop great relationships, understanding their image needs and licensing visual assets, in order to meet their brand requirements
- You’ll be instrumental in helping us expand our reach and thrive during this exciting period of change for Alamy
- Working as part of the sales team you’ll relish getting stuck in meeting and pitching to prospective customers
- It’s a fast paced and demanding role and in turn, we offer training and personal development in an exciting and innovative environment
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a proven track record in sales, especially in the area of new business
- Is agile in their thinking, this being underpinned with the tenacity to take leads through to their conclusion
- Is a skilled presenter and influencer and is able to adapt style to fit audience
- Has experience in price negotiation and request for proposal pitches
- Can work well under pressure and to strict timescales
- Enjoys working proactively, is self-motivated and demonstrates good judgement and decision making
- Has a creative flair and a keen visual sense
- Has a basic understanding of copyright law
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: 36 ¼ per week
Want to know more and think you’ll fit in – let us know by applying today!
Closing date: 17 December 2018