Digital Content Manager
HOURS: 37.5 hours Mon-Fri
Thames Valley-based software and web development company
An exciting opportunity exists for a digital content professional to join the creative Managed Services Team at Capture Ltd – a small, well-established and thriving technical company (headcount 32), expert in digital asset management and digital solutions with an impressive client-base including Wimbledon, the British Library and many other household names in the UK and abroad.
This is a creative role requiring organisational and people skills – but with an important technical twist.
It lies at the heart of Capture’s strategy to work as a trusted partner with our world-class clients, offering not just brilliant technology, but an outstanding, positive and human experience in the process, whereby everyone thrives.
Capture Ltd is an innovative technology and services company with a truly human interface.
We provide web-based enterprise digital asset management systems from our private cloud along with practical, hands-on expert services – helping our clients to cut a fast, straight path through the digital jungle.
Sophisticated handling of images, videos, audio files and documents is required by the company’s international client base of sports, cultural and media organisations as they seek to maximise the value of their assets.
Our pioneering cloud-based technology enables this digital content to be distributed to multiple global destinations within seconds of being created.
The friendly, professional operation is based in the picturesque village of Goring on Thames – but a move to central Reading is imminent (February 2019), with the new office located within two minutes’ walking distance of the station, as the company embarks on a major new stage in its evolution.
The Ideal Candidate
Part of the role centres on bringing out the best in creative professionals, managing submissions and quality controlling their work on behalf of our clients, so a highly capable, proactive, individual with solid Photoshop skills, a photographic background and excellent communication abilities would be a good fit.
A deep knowledge of digital file types (images, video, audio, documents etc) and how metadata, both embedded and separate, works is important, along with data skills and the ability to handle large volumes of content.
An advantage would be an understanding of image licensing and how the picture library/stock image industry works.
Capture is a technical company so the candidate will need to have innate skills and an active enthusiasm to embrace Capture’s flexible and powerful content enhancement platform, helping our clients with a range of activities including distribution, and managing large volumes of content, including working with FTP.
Our goal as a company is to bring the world’s content to the fingertips of those who want to consume it, and the technical roadmap at Capture is highly innovative.
We treasure our Managed Services team, as they do the hands-on work of real users and their feedback is invaluable, so the right candidate will enjoy working alongside the Capture technical team to build products that delight our customers and help make them, and us, successful.
Ideally the successful candidate will have other useful skills that are both helpful to our clients, and to Capture’s Sales and Marketing team – graphic design, WordPress expertise to help work with corporate websites (including our own), and video experience.
The role is client-facing and team-facing, with an opportunity for leadership, and is based in the Capture offices, but may also entail presentations and on-site client meetings, largely in London.
The ideal candidate will have the right practical abilities, people and organisational skills and can-do attitude.
They must be excellent communicators, and able to work face-to-face with both clients and team members, bringing out the best in everyone with a combination of natural authority, humour and confidence.
It is a truly exciting time to be joining Capture as we are on the move and on the up.
The right candidate will have a fantastic career path and the opportunity to help shape the future success of this ambitious company.
Main attributes and responsibilities
- Communicating with project stakeholders – photographers, clients, distribution agencies, including dealing with dedicated phone line enquiries on behalf of our clients, and offering website support.
- Ingesting new shoots, understanding FTP, mapping in accompanying metadata, working with the Capture digital asset management platform to onboard, handle and shift the content.
- Distributing content on behalf of our clients to global image agencies and other destinations, using amongst other methods FTP and web browser uploaders.
- Offering creative, innovative and best practice advice for new workflows and ways of handling content.
- Quality controlling world class content, using Photoshop to check parameters such as size, quality, colour space, and sometimes retouching errors.
- Publishing content to front-end Capture client websites, and controlling access and rights to assets via permissions within the platform.
- A good understanding of image licensing, including Rights Managed and Royalty Free options is
- Being able to self-manage and having strong enough organisational skills to help clients see the wood from the trees, sometimes managing small projects on their behalf to help keep the delivery momentum up.
- Creating online marketing and graphics collateral for email shots for our clients, and in-house with the Capture marketing team.
- Data crunching, setting up imports and exports of information, and coming up with smart solutions to enriching content, handling data and in general making sure the value our clients’ assets is enriched as smoothly and cost-effectively as possible.
- Training clients how to use Capture systems.
- Helping clients – including the Capture marketing team – with graphic and corporate website design, using WordPress, and offering practical abilities to put marketing and training collateral, including videos, in place.
- Face-to-face meetings with clients when required – and sometimes joining in sales presentations for relevant pitches.
- Offering advice to the Capture technical team as they build our digital platform – sometimes testing new modules and feeding back on usability.
- Being a great team player, positive thinker, fastidious time-keeper and able to deliver outstanding work within the allotted work parameters – and in general contributing to Capture’s forward momentum and growth strategy, which centres around being a trusted partner to our clients, and building our base of ongoing technology licensing revenue.
- Competitive salary. Regular reviews, rising salary and career path at Capture.
- Annual company bonus. *
- Annual holiday entitlement – 20 days plus Bank Holidays.
- Workplace pension. *
- Weekly breakfast and social events.
*subject to qualifying criteria.
Email with a CV or information in the first instance to: email@example.com