Evening Picture Editor
WENN, the leading global entertainment news and photo agency headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Los Angeles and Berlin is seeking a full-time picture editor, based in our London office to cover our busy evening shifts.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive knowledge of celebrity and current affairs and will possess previous photo-editing experience working for an agency or publication.
- Reporting to Picture Desk Manager and Sales Team
- Managing workflow to ensure important pictures and videos are delivered to clients quickly
- Editing images in Photoshop to ensure images are perfect before delivery
- Captioning and keywording images appropriately
- Developing a strong relationship with our news desk and photographer managers
- Dealing with incoming client/agent requests and managing our email inbox
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Must be able to caption and edit images quickly
- Should be familiar with FTP delivery systems
- Experience with image editing tools (enhancement of digital image files, colour correction, contrast adjustment, sharpening, cropping)
- A good working knowledge of celebrities
- An interest in current news stories
- An appreciation for what type of images newspapers, magazines and websites are interested in
- A polite, friendly and confident manner is essential
- Ability to prioritise a heavy workload and meet strict deadlines
- A thorough attention to detail is a must
- An ability to work on their own
- Excellent communication skills and written English
- An ability to problem solve and take control when unexpected issues arise
This position would suit someone relatively new to the photo industry with some experience who is looking to gain experience and undertake a challenging position.
Full training will be provided.
Note, this is a full-time evening position, Sunday to Thursday and you may be asked to cover other shifts on occasion.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org