Royal Collection Trust
Household / Department: Royal Collection Trust
Location: St. James’s Palace
Contract/recruitment type: Permanent
Starting salary: £28,000 per annum
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
About the role
The Images & Rights team is responsible for the management and marketing of digital files, colour transparencies and negatives of pictures, drawings, watercolours and prints, and of works of art in the Royal Collection and Royal Residences.
Joining this dedicated team you’ll help fulfil requests for the licensing and supply of images from the Royal Collection Trust’s (RCT) Picture Library.
- You’ll handle requests for picture research and the supply of images from internal teams, such as Exhibitions, Press, Retail, Marketing and Publications, as well as external academic and commercial requests.
- Working alongside the Images & Rights Manager, you’ll ensure image use is in compliance with copyright laws.
- You’ll also help co-ordinate daily photographic programmes and support various projects across the organisation, from the next exhibition to new publications and online curations.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, you’ll arrange and manage various photographic shoots. You’ll co-ordinate logistics, oversee shot lists, and will also be responsible for post-shoot record management, including labelling and file transfer.
- You will also provide general administrative support to the Images & Rights team, and undertake various research work into pictures, helping to develop our Picture Library and promote the use of Royal Collection images.
Growing to become a point of knowledge in best practice picture and photo management, you’ll play a vital part in helping to ensure that one of the world’s largest art collections is accessible and enjoyed by all.
Based at St James’s Palace, this role will involve occasional travel to other royal residences and locations when required, as well as some flexibility in hours when working on photoshoots.
- You’ll have an interest in Image Management or similar field and will be keen to explore a career in this area.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills will be important. You’ll be confident prioritising your own workload, able to manage multiple streams of work at any one time and meet regular deadlines.
- Also essential will be your ability to work through high volumes of work with consistent attention to detail and accuracy, always delivering high quality work.
- Digitally fluent, you’ll have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and will get to grips with different IT programs quickly. You may also have some knowledge of using Photoshop and/or Adobe Creative programs, but it’s not essential.
- With good communication and interpersonal skills, you’ll build good working relationships with internal and external colleagues alike.
- We know that to deliver our best work; we need to feel at our best. That’s why at the Royal Household we offer a generous benefits package designed to support your wellbeing and life priorities.
- Enjoy 25 days of annual leave, rising to 30 days (plus bank holidays), dependent on the length of time you have worked for us.
- Our excellent non-contributory pension plan (we’ll contribute 15% and you can contribute more if you wish) is highly valued by our employees, as is complimentary lunch on-site to keep you fuelled throughout the day.
- Flexible and hybrid working varies across different roles, and we’ll discuss the options available to you that will suit both your job requirements and individual preferences.
- We also offer a range of leave options to support your life priorities, such as parental pay and leave and volunteering days, as well as benefits to support your physical and mental wellbeing.
- Other perks include 20% off at our Royal Collection Trust Shops and complimentary admission tickets across all our locations, along with many more exclusive employee discounts.
Find out more about the full range of benefits available to our employees here.
Vacancy Closing Date: 29/11/2023, 23:55