Licensing Operations Executive
Responsible for providing sales and operational support to the Licensing team, ensuring that content is rights cleared and delivered to customers in good time to maximise licensing opportunities.
Providing support to the Licensing Manager in managing the marketing of News Licensing content, Brand Licensing and Brand Extension products and ensuring that all marketing material is in place to send out to customers for new and incremental business.
Monitoring and liaison with all 3rd party partners who are licensing/selling consumer products using our content or trademarks.
This role also requires you to work the occasional weekend and bank holiday shift to provide account management cover.
Key Tasks / on-going responsibilities
- Liaising with Editorial teams and the Content Operations team to ensure licensing rights are cleared and all content is uploaded onto the relevant websites
- Coordinating and delivering content to clients and preparing mailshots promoting News UK content
- Daily management of all News Licensing Digital Asset Management platforms including the categorisation and curation of content.
- Using Salesforce CRM to record clearance emails from contributors and editorial
- Liaising with contributors, ensuring necessary licensing rights are obtained, issuing licensing contract agreements as and when required
- Support with on-going improvements to processes and systems, while providing training to the sales team on the use of systems.
- Responsible for updating any legal restrictions on all licensing platforms, issuing instructions to third parties in possession of our content.
- Escalation of technical issues in relation to our web platforms with third party suppliers and Technology team when required
- Provide monthly sales updates on content sold to key stakeholders
- Manage and grow brand extension partnerships including sourcing and clearing content with editorial, overseeing marketing activities to increase revenue and raising invoices
- Support with the departments marketing requirements, including updating Social media and briefing designers on the creation of marketing literature and trade show collateral.
- Assist with tracking unauthorised use of our content using third party software.
- Ensure that clients receive the best customer experience and a timely service.
- Proactively ‘check in’ with contributors to update them on sales progress of their content and identify any additional opportunities to place their content.
- Provide full sales role and administrative support for the weekend shift.
Key Skills Required
- Good understanding of copyright and licensing
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office
- Understanding of e-commerce site
- Vendor and client relationship management
- Knowledge of Salesfoce CRM and SAP financial accounting
- Photographic or editorial background
Key Personal Skills Required
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Excellent time management, organisation and prioritising skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong eye for detail
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent levels of customer service
- Proactive in solving problems and introducing process efficiencies
- Content Operations
News UK is home to some of the biggest names in Media, Including, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Wireless, and Unruly to name but a few.
Wireless itself is also the home to some of the biggest names in radio Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, talkRADIO and some of the leading Local radio stations in the UK and Ireland.
Our newspapers and associated brands are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week.
They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK and Wireless is a company which thrives on pace.
Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers.
We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry
If you want to work for one of the world’s most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Licensing Operations Executive
Reporting to: Licensing Operations Manager
Position ID: CORRAloeJV