HOURS: 37.5 hours Mon-Fri
Thames Valley-based software and web development company
An exciting opportunity exists for an outstanding Project Manager to join the Production and Delivery Team at Capture Ltd – a small, well-established and thriving technical company (headcount 32), expert in digital asset management and digital solutions with an impressive client-base including Wimbledon, the British Library and many other household names.
Capture Ltd is an innovative technology and services company with a truly human interface.
We provide web-based enterprise digital asset management systems from our private cloud along with practical, hands-on expert services – helping our clients to cut a fast, straight path through the digital jungle.
Sophisticated handling of images, videos, audio files and documents is required by the company’s international client base of sports, cultural and media organisations as they seek to maximise the value of their assets.
Our pioneering cloud-based technology enables this digital content to be distributed to multiple global destinations within seconds of being created.
The friendly, professional operation is based in the picturesque village of Goring on Thames – but a move to central Reading is imminent, with the new office located within two minutes’ walking distance of the station – as the company embarks on a major new stage in its evolution.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a highly capable, proactive, authoritative individual who can take ownership of project delivery schedules, and ensure we deliver on time and on budget to our clients.
The ideal candidate should have Prince 2 and Agile qualifications or knowledge – but above all, the right practical abilities, people skills and can-do attitude, and preferably hands on experience at managing multiple complex fast-moving technical projects.
They must be amazing communicators, and able to work face-to-face with both clients and team members, bringing out the best in everyone with a combination of natural authority, humour and confidence.
It is a truly exciting time to be joining Capture.
The right candidate will have a fantastic career path and the opportunity to help shape the future success of this ambitious company.
Main Attributes and Responsibilities
- Communication and interpersonal skills are vital for successful project stakeholder management.
- Communicating project details in writing, and periodic status reports, are essential in reinforcing the message and building rapport – as well as helping team members keep track of next steps, action items, project risks, budgets and process.
- Taking ownership of project timelines, and driving projects forward, encouraging all parties to meet required deadlines and communicating excellently with team members and clients;
- Working closely with the Head of Architecture; Head of Client Services; and Head of User Experience, and other team members, to deliver both internal and external projects;
- Making sure project plans are up-to-date so they can be referred to accurately by clients and team members alike.
- Coming up with workable, creative solutions to deal with project issues and bottlenecks, and working alongside the team at the Capture offices in Reading (two minutes’ walk from the main train station) to help build a culture of client care and project excellence;
- Providing proactive leadership of projects to deliver client delight alongside high quality, profitable implementations;
- Helping line managers to get the best out of their teams by ensuring the logistics of individual projects, and the wider company schedule, are transparently tracked, and being able to communicate clearly and authoritatively at all levels of the company;
- Lead by example with excellent timekeeping.
- Competitive salary. Regular reviews, rising salary and career path at Capture.
- Annual company bonus. *
- Annual holiday entitlement – 20 days plus Bank Holidays.
- Workplace pension. *
- Weekly breakfast and social events.
*subject to qualifying criteria.
Email with a CV or information in the first instance to: firstname.lastname@example.org