Location: Alamy HQ, Milton Park, Oxfordshire, with option to work part of the week from home
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: 22 ½ per week with flexibility as to how these hours are worked Monday – Friday
Package: £45 – 50k, pro rata, dependent on experience + 10% bonus and great benefits
Are you an experienced UI Designer with a proven track record?
Do you thrive in an environment where you can innovate and create ideas?
Do you demonstrate a problem-solving mindset?
Can you collaborate and present ideas using evidence-based approaches to multiple stakeholders?
If this sounds like you then we have a brand new exciting role within our Product team, with the opportunity to drive improvement from day one!
Alamy is a technology business that sells stock images, footage and live news imagery to customers around the world.
It’s a truly exciting time at Alamy, our business is growing, and we are continually working towards expanding our reach.
We want to continue creating a business we can be proud of.
To make this happen, we need brilliant people who are passionate and think differently.
With a CEO and management team who make fast decisions, we have to be able to keep pace and evolve.
At the heart of Alamy are a group of people who care about what we do and doing it really well.
We’re always ready to adapt to new situations and challenges to ensure that Alamy continues to provide excellent service and a unique product.
We’re ethical, believe in having a work life balance and have a lot of passion for our product!
Put the customer first
Succeed (and fail) as a team
Strive for Better
Be Bold Be Brave
Do the right thing
Here’s some more detail about this exciting opportunity!
- You’ll be designing bespoke customer emails, working with the Head of Marketing in the design of email campaigns
- Creating, improving and using wireframes, prototypes, style guides and user flows, effectively communicating your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Presenting and defending your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. colour theory, visual weight, etc)
- You’ll continually keep yourself updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards
- Deliver any ad hoc projects as requested by the Director of Product
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a proven track record in designing interfaces for customer facing websites
- Has hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc
- Is experienced using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, UXPin, Quartz
- Highly logical and organised, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Is able to multi task, sometimes to short timescales
- Is self-motivated and able to work in a ‘stand-alone’ role
- Is adaptable to change and able to demonstrate a willingness and ability, to be flexible in their designs
It’d also be great, but not essential if you:
- Have experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Have experience of user interface and hypothesis through AB testing
- Have experience of running user research and user testing to ensure designs meet user and business needs
Want to know more and think you’ll fit in – let us know by applying today!
Closing date: 20 November 2018