Web Application Developer
HOURS: 37.5 hours Mon-Fri
LOCATION: Capture Ltd offices, central Reading, 2 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Thames Valley-based software and web development company
An exciting opportunity exists for a web application developer to join the talented tech team at Capture Ltd
– a small, well-established and thriving technical company (headcount 32), expert in digital asset management and digital solutions with an impressive client-base including Wimbledon, the British Library and many other household names in the UK and abroad.
The right applicant will have at least two years’ commercial experience and will find themselves dealing with high profile client accounts, solving problems in a fast-moving and exciting environment, and working alongside inspirational and highly skilled team members.
Capture works as a trusted partner with our world-class clients, offering not just brilliant technology, but an outstanding, positive and human experience in the process, whereby everyone thrives – and you will be at the heart of helping make this happen.
At Capture every team member makes a difference – and you will help elevate the technical capabilities and strengths of our outstanding team, enhancing the experience of our clients.
Capture Ltd is an innovative technology and services company with a truly human interface. We provide web-based enterprise digital asset management systems from our private cloud along with practical, hands-on expert services – helping our clients to cut a fast, straight path through the digital jungle.
Sophisticated handling of images, videos, audio files and documents is required by the company’s international client base of sports, cultural and media organisations as they seek to maximise the value of their assets.
Our pioneering cloud-based technology enables this digital content to be distributed to multiple global destinations within seconds of being created.
The friendly, professional operation is based in the picturesque village of Goring on Thames – but a move to central Reading is imminent (February 2019), with the new office located within two minutes’ walking distance of the station, as the company embarks on a major new stage in its evolution.
The Ideal Candidate
You will primarily be outstanding at PHP, working on the latest versions – but will also have recent Angular 4+ experience. A well-rounded WordPress skillset, along with Phalcon and MBC framework experience are also important.
The work at Capture is varied, and ideally you should be able to work on back-office and front-end areas of the system.
The ideal candidate will understand the importance of documenting code, and maintaining standards in order to build robust systems that delight clients and team members alike.
They should also have the ability to interface with clients and present their work when required to team members and customers. And, oh yes, you will need a sense of humour – there is a lot of laughter echoing round the office, even when the pressure is on.
It is an exciting time to be joining Capture as we are on the move and on the up.
The right candidate will have a great career path and the opportunity to help shape the future success of this ambitious company.
Main attributes and responsibilities
Primarily we want you to bring outstanding technical skills to Capture – for this to be your passion, bringing drive and energy to the work produced by the technical team.
- Outstanding PHP skills including PHP 7.1+.
- Recent Angular 4+ experience.
- WordPress skills.
- Phalcon experience.
- MVC framework experience.
- Knowledge of handling visual content – image and video files, embedded (IPTC) metadata etc.
- Professional attitude making sure code is documented and commented, that briefs are well understood, and that the rest of the team has enough information to be able to create help and sales documentation – and take forward to market the technical products you are will be creating.
- On occasion you may be required to present work to team members – and to to clients, either to show what has been done, or to garner information about a project. Support and training may also be areas you touch on in your day-to-day work.
- Being a great team player, positive thinker, fastidious time-keeper and able to deliver outstanding work within the allotted work parameters – and in general contributing to Capture’s forward momentum and growth strategy, which centres around being a trusted partner to our clients, and building our base of ongoing technology licensing revenue.
- For the right candidate, there is opportunity of advancement within the company.
- Competitive salary. Regular reviews, rising salary and career path at Capture.
- Annual company bonus. *
- Annual holiday entitlement – 20 days plus Bank Holidays.
- Workplace pension. *
- Weekly breakfast and social events.
*subject to qualifying criteria.
Email with a CV or information in the first instance to: email@example.com (Head of Product Vision) and please copy in firstname.lastname@example.org (CEO), and email@example.com (Head of User Experience).