To accompany the release of BAPLA's new Terms & Conditions template, and as these are a key part of your membership, we organised a one-off Q&A with leading copyright and licensing lawyer Anna Skurczynska of Open Plan Law, who drafted these bespoke new terms.
There are three parts to the new T&Cs.
- Content User Agreement - this is a flexible and comprehensive document, using simplified language to make the T&Cs far more accessible for both parties
- Specific Terms - this is a supplementary document designed to enable members to specify detailed licensing terms agreed with clients, which can be used for each new licence agreement
- Guidance Document - this highlights the most important changes to the former document, suggesting how both the main document and specific terms document can be used in practice
During the 1-hour Zoom session, Anna answered questions from members such as:
- how to tailor the new T&Cs to your business,
- how to use the T&Cs effectively when issuing them to clients,
- how to address the 'battle of the contracts' when it comes to presenting the new terms?
About Open Plan Law
Open Plan Law advises a wide range of international commercial clients in the technology, media, advertising, cultural heritage, visual arts, fashion and retail sectors. We pride ourselves on our expertise in intellectual property, and we also offer broad commercial law advice through a partner network.
As our firm’s name suggests, we work with our clients in the spirit of collaboration. We invest into getting to know their businesses and combine top class client care (including clear legal fees estimates) with commercial pragmatism.
Our approach has gained us a following of sophisticated clients in the UK and internationally.
BAPLA members receive the first consultation free of charge, and a 10% discount on our fees.
+44 203 693 8113